Fort Aguada and its lighthouse is a well-preserved seventeenth-century Portuguese fort standing in Goa, India, on Sinquerim Beach, overlooking the Arabian Sea. The fort was constructed in 1612 to guard against the Dutch and the Marathas. It was a reference point for the vessels coming from Europe at that time. This old Portuguese fort stands on the beach south of Candolim, at the shore of the Mandovi River.
A freshwater spring within the fort provided water supply to the ships that used to stop by. This is how the fort got its name: Aguada, meaning Water.
Dudhsagar Falls (literally Sea of Milk ) is a four-tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the border of the Indian state of Goa and Karnataka. It is 60 km from Panaji by road and is located on the Madgaon-Belgavi rail route about 46 km east of Madgaon and 80 km south of Belgavi. Dudhsagar Falls is amongst India’s tallest waterfalls with a height of 310 m (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 metres (100 feet).
Shri Mangesh temple is located at Mangeshi Village in Priol, Ponda taluk, Goa. It is at a distance of 1 km from Mardol close to Nagueshi, 21 km from Panaji the capital of Goa and 26 km from Margao. This temple had its origins in Kushasthali Cortalim, a village in Saxty (Salcette) which fell to the invading Portuguese in 1543. In the year 1560, when the Portuguese started Christian conversions in Salcete taluka, the Saraswats of Vatsa Gotra moved the Mangesh Linga from the original site at the Kushasthali or Cortalim on the banks of river Aghanashini (Zuari) to its present location at Mangeshi in Priol village of Atrunja Taluka, which was then ruled by the Hindu kings of Sonde of Antruz Mahal (Ponda), to be more secure.
The Basilica of Bom Jesus or Borea Jezuchi Bajilika (Portuguese: Basílica do Bom Jesus) is located in Goa, India, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The basilica holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier. The church is located in Old Goa, which was the capital of Goa in the early days of Portuguese rules.Construction work on the church began in 1594. The church was consecrated in May 1605 by the archbishop, Dom Fr. Aleixo de Menezes. This world heritage monument has emerged as a landmark in the history of Christianity.
Mollem National Park is a 240 square kilometres (93 sq mi) protected area located in the Western Ghats of South India, in Sanguem taluk, Goa along the eastern border with Karnataka. The area is situated near the town of Molem, 57 kilometres (35 mi) east of Panaji, the state capital of Goa. It contains several important temples dating to the Kadamba Dynasty, and Dudhsagar Falls. This sanctuary contains pristine vegetation classified as West Coast tropical evergreen forests, West Coast semi-evergreen forests and moist deciduous forests. The evergreen forests are mainly seen at higher altitudes and along the river banks.
The Naval Aviation Museum is a military museum located in Bogmalo, 6 km from Vasco da Gama, Goa, India. This museum contains exhibits that showcase the evolution of the Indian Naval Air Arm over decades. The museum is divided into two main parts, an outdoor exhibit and a two-storey indoor gallery. The Museum was inaugurated in October 1998 and is one of the Two Military Aviation Museums in India, the other being the Indian Air Force Museum, Palam in Delhi.
Ashvem beach, also known as Ashvem beach is one of the best kept secrets of North Goa. Located to the north of Panaji, this beach offer delightful ocean vistas fringed by the green fronds of the sway coconut palms that pepper the shore.
Ashvem beach is tucked away from the crowds and is an ideal place for tourists who want a quiet vacation soaking up the sun, sand and surf. The seas around Ashvem beach are perfect for swimming in, and the river that runs nearby offers a safe place for youngsters who are unable to handle the waves of the ocean.
A short boat ride from Palolem will take you to Butterfly Beach. With a dense forest behind you and clear seas ahead, this place makes for a perfect picnic spot and getaway from mainland Goa.
The Sé Catedral de Santa Catarina, known as Se Cathedral, is the cathedral of the Latin Rite Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Goa and Daman and the seat of the Patriarch of the East Indies. It is located in Old Goa, India. The Se Cathedral was built to commemorate the victory of the Portuguese under Afonso de Albuquerque over an army, leading to the capture of the city of Goa in 1510. Since the day of the victory happened to be on the feast of Saint Catherine, the cathedral was dedicated to her.
Shri Shantadurga Temple is a Private temple complex belonging to GSB community. 33 km (21 mi) from Panaji at the foothill of Kavalem village in Ponda Taluka, Goa, India. This current temple structure of Shree Shantadurga Devasthan was built during the period from 1713 AD to 1738 AD by Naroram Rege Mantri. On the 4th of December 2016, the temple completed its 450th year of existence. (Margashirsh Shuddh Panchmi).
Mandrem is one of Goa’s best kept secrets. Away from the large crowds of Baga and Calangute this secluded beach offers Yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. So if you are spiritually inclined, make a pit stop here on your path to enlightenment.
About 9 kms to the south of Bicholim town in North Goa is located the 6th century Pandava cave complex and Arvalem waterfalls. Another attraction close to the Pandava caves is the Arvalem waterfalls. The water cascading down from a height of 50 metres makes for an awesome view